Remote / London, UK
Omeda Studios is looking for a Animation Engineer to work on Predecessor, a highly anticipated Third Person Action MOBA. A successful candidate should have a strong understanding of best practices with Unreal Engine, implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas.
You will be first and foremost a team player, while also having the ability to be self-motivated, work autonomously and have the desire to lead their department.
In this role you will
● Analyse and determine if current animation functionalities in the game meet the project’s requirements
● Working closely with designers and gameplay programmers to implement gameplay interactions using animation technology, such as character locomotion
● Work as a key part of an agile development team, and assist the lead with planning and review of features and mentoring less experienced programmers
● Implement innovative solutions to feature requests, taking into account performance, maintainability and appropriate resource usage
● Participate in the definition of coding practices and ensure coding standards are followed with regular code reviews
● Collaborate with stakeholders to gather and analyze technical constraints and establish solutions
● Demonstrate an understanding of load and feature testing, write test code, and develop test frameworks and processes
● Stay up-to-date with state-of-the-art technology and promote its use within the studio
● Integrate large-scale modules or components while minimizing the impact on the rest of the programming team
● Able to be flexible for when animation needs certain functionality such as custom notify’s and curves.
● Establish and maintain contact with their counterparts within the studio, share knowledge and best practices, and put those learnings to use on their projects
● Involved in the optimization of systems Skills and Knowledge
What we are looking for
● Significant knowledge of character animation, IK, procedural or physics-based animation
● Strong mathematics and physics skills
● Strong C++ skills
● Comfortable working in Unreal Engine creating Blueprints and State Machines for Advanced Locomotion systems
● Experience in converting Blueprint into C++
● Deep understanding of software performance considerations, with ability to design and implement well performance systems/features
● Proven ability to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend, refactor and optimize an existing module
● Understanding of the constraints and technical requirements for console platform development within their area
● Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently.
● Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions.
Nice to haves
● Experience with the Paragon locomotion system
● Experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
● Professional Unreal Engine 4 dev experience
● Passionate about MOBAs
● Stock options
● Fully remote role
● Start-Up studio means you are heavily involved from the beginning.
Are you interested? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org