Lead Gameplay Programmer
Remote / London, UK
Omeda Studios is looking for a Lead Gameplay Programmer to work on Predecessor, a highly anticipated Third Person Action MOBA. A successful candidate should have a strong understanding of best practices with Unreal Engine, implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas.
You will be first and foremost a team player, while also having the ability to be self-motivated, work autonomously and have the desire to lead their department.
In this role you will
● Introduce best practices as the team prepares a PC/console launch, leading implementation.
● Be a primary hub for communication and information that other disciplines can come to for guidance.
● Work closely with the Tech Director, helping to hire, mentor and championing best practices across the engineering team.
● You will use your advanced knowledge and experience to own technical design and implementation of large-scale game features.
● You will help drive the project forward by working with the Technical Director to plan and maintain roadmaps.
● Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving, and highly focussed team.
● Ensure the technical approach being proposed for a given feature satisfies both the surface-level, and deeper, engineering-specific requirements.
● Propose architecture and lead the vision for the different gameplay AI systems needed to deliver mentioned features.
What we are looking for
● Experience developing games professionally, and shipping AAA titles.
● A keen analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills
● Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools.
● Strong maths skills
● The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical teams.
● Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games (an interest in online games is preferred)
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Console experience
● Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently.
● Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions.
Nice to haves
● Experience working on a live service game.
● Experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
● Professional Unreal Engine 4 dev experience
● Passionate about MOBAs
● Stock options
● Fully remote role
● Start-Up studio means you are heavily involved from the beginning.
Are you interested? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org